Monday, February 15, 2010

Kidding is Over for 2010!


Virginia Grace gave us a Valentine's present of twin, black Nubians.

They are doing great, but I'm still waiting for Virginia's afterbirth...hopefully all goes well! She's been a great mom.

So kidding is over for 2010! We had four new time moms this year. Three did great, but Sally didn't take at all. That was a bummer, but we've been very blessed with all our other babies!

Final Kid count-
5 does - 10 kids (3 bucks and 7 does)

We have a lot to be thankful for!
We have one more Katahdin ewe due and then a wait until the two dairy ewes sometime around March 15th. Wow!

Thanks for reading,
Miss Pickwickian


Rosalind with two of her triplet ewes!
2 days old

KRK 42
Rosalind

Venice wants to know what's happening next door.

Venice again....

And the whole bunch....
Venice, Emily, and Marsellie
2 days old

KRK 977
My Johann
Now one whole year old and the papa to ten lambs (9 ewe babies!).

Johann again...
I had to snap these shots very sneakily before he saw me and ran to the fence.

And introducing....Virginia's doeling!!!
(I can't believe she doesn't have a name yet. It must be a record for us.)

Virginia's big buck
Not the greatest picture...he's stretching...
It was tricky between Virginia's curious nose, Toffy (barn kitty) jumping on my back, bad lightening, and crazy frisky babies!

The proud mama
RR Resources Virginia Grace

Brunswick
Sophie's buck 1 week old

DWB Bradey
One of Rue's 2009 twins
10 month old ram


Hermen watches bouncing lambs in the pasture.
"Ah, the old days when I was as light as a feather. I was once like them."

Hermen decides to take a closer look.

2010 Ewe Lambs
Texas is the ewe looking at you. Have you ever seen a sweeter face?

2010 Ewe lambs

3 comments:

Johanna said...

I WUVE your babies! The little brown triplet girls are the sweetest!

DebH said...

Gorgeous babies! I just love those little nubian babies...how can anything be any cuter!! :)

Susannah said...

Brunswick is the cutest thing!

Sheesh... I haven't actually seen Herman in forever. He looks like a brute!